Monday, September 29, 2008

Second Grade?

Hmmm.... Well, an event less summer ended with a last minute application and a long shot job interview that landed me here. Where is here? Kuna - Second grade - Teacher... To be honest, I was preparing myself for a semi-depressing life working dead end jobs and praying to get off work every day so I could go home and enjoy my family. But, a 7-day excursion in a kayak changed everything I was sinking toward. My student teaching year was so dreadful that I nearly became a walking textbook case of PSTDD (Post Student Teaching Depression Disorder - and no, there is not a textbook description of this disorder... there should be). After the week was over I was emotionally, physically, and spiritually rejuvenated. So, luckily I got a job teacing second grade, which I love!

4 comments:

semi-crazy blonde girl said...

Thanks for blogging. It's nice to know how you are feeling. We knew all along that you would be just fine.
Love, Mom H.

Mama Lois said...

Well, those last sentiments were mine, written in the disguise of your wife.
Love, Mom H.

Reid said...

I'm glad to hear it Josh! It's great to know that you are enjoying it. Now that we'll be on the West coast, maybe we'll get to see you guys a little more frequently. And know that if you're ever in central California, you've got a guest room to stay in (now with a real, non-inflatable bed!).

Kerri said...

I knew when you eyes started twinkling again that you were giving teaching a chance. You have so much to offer. You have qualities that some of your students won't encounter anywhere else. How very lucky those 2nd graders are to have you for a teacher. I am proud of you.
Love ya
Mom