Thursday, October 11, 2007

Curveballs

I hate analogies, but this one is necessary for getting my point across. It seems that this season (My student teaching year) has been going smoothly. I spent the summer mentally preparing for a great year. So when I stood up to the plate for the first time, I easily hit a home run. My professors began to have faith in my abilities, my relationships with my teammates has continued to be of great value to my personal well-being and my academics. It seemed that every ball thrown at me was easily batted back. Score after score of tests, projects, and responsiblities.

But... pretty soon, life changed up its pitchers. A curveball. Just when I thought another good week would go by with the same success - Swish. The bat hit my back with an unsatisfying thud on my shoulder. It's amazing how quickly you can crush the seemingly strong spirit of a great player. Especially when he gets cocky.

Now, all I need is a good coach, "Get back up! Shoulders square! Elbow up! Eye on the ball! You're doing great, kid!"

2 comments:

Krista Rose said...

Hang in there, Josh. The Lord works all things for good, and maybe you had already done for him what God wanted you to. Now He has different plans for you. Don't be discouraged, be excited!

Mama Lois said...

You are doing great. I am so proud of you. Everyone has off days, but you are amazing. Hang in there. The goal is in site...Love, Mama Lois

P.S. Love the baseball analogy. :)