Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Just like Dad

I can vividly remember coming close the culmination of my high school years and thinking, "I don't ever want to be a teacher like my father!" Of course, irony has a way of making the inevitable happen. I was teaching a math lesson today to my fifth grade students when I looked down and noticed that my hands were covered in the blues, blacks, reds, and greens of the vis-a-vis markers I was using. I instantly was brought back to that final year of high school when I noticed that my fathers hands, the hands of a skilled mathematics teacher at my highschool, were covered with the same blues, blacks, reds, and greens. Instead of what may have been mild disgust, I now looked back and admired the ink stained hands of my father.

4 comments:

Krista Rose said...

You're adorable...with or without ink on your hands

semi-crazy blonde girl said...

well said... :)

kristidawn said...

Josh, I hope your dad has had a chance to read this. Seriously, this is the kind of thing he could float on for weeks! What a compliment. I am sure that there is something within him, too, that is so proud of you.

Kerri said...

Wow. That is beautiful. I pray that your hands are showing the signs of a profession that you love. That is how it is for Dad. "this is good stuff" Shua, I love ya.
Mom